Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROS kinetic - Ubuntu 16.04 - robotino-ros-pkg

Hi all,
    I tried to install robotino-ros-pkg under ROS Kinetic (Ubuntu 16.04) and I'm facing some problems while compiling the package.

I've downloaded the API2 from here:

http://doc.openrobotino.org/download...9.16_amd64.deb

and the robotino-ros-pkg from here:

svn co http://svn.openrobotino.org/robotino...nk/catkin-pkg/ robotino-ros-pkg

Once, I try to compile via catkin_make, I have the following errors related to messages:

Code:
    [  8%] Building CXX object robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_odometry_node.dir/src/OdometryROS.cpp.o
    In file included from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/src/OdometryROS.cpp:8:0:
    /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/OdometryROS.h:12:41: fatal error: robotino_msgs/ResetOdometry.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.

[ 81%] Building CXX object robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/src/LaserRangeFinderROS.cpp.o
    In file included from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/src/DigitalInputArrayROS.cpp:8:0:
    /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/DigitalInputArrayROS.h:14:43: fatal error: robotino_msgs/DigitalReadings.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/RobotinoNode.h:11:0,
                     from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/src/robotino_node.cpp:11:
    /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/AnalogInputArrayROS.h:14:42: fatal error: robotino_msgs/AnalogReadings.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    compilation terminated.

In file included from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/src/AnalogInputArrayROS.cpp:8:0:
    /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/AnalogInputArrayROS.h:14:42: fatal error: robotino_msgs/AnalogReadings.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/build.make:86: recipe for target 'robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/src/AnalogInputArrayROS.cpp.o' failed
    make[2]: *** [robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/src/AnalogInputArrayROS.cpp.o] Error 1
    In file included from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/src/DigitalOutputArrayROS.cpp:8:0:
    /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/DigitalOutputArrayROS.h:14:43: fatal error: robotino_msgs/DigitalReadings.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/build.make:206: recipe for target 'robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/src/DigitalOutputArrayROS.cpp.o' failed
    make[2]: *** [robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/src/DigitalOutputArrayROS.cpp.o] Error 1
    In file included from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/RobotinoOdometryNode.h:12:0,
                     from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/src/robotino_odometry_node.cpp:9:
    /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/OdometryROS.h:12:41: fatal error: robotino_msgs/ResetOdometry.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_odometry_node.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_odometry_node.dir/src/robotino_odometry_node.cpp.o' failed
    make[2]: *** [robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_odometry_node.dir/src/robotino_odometry_node.cpp.o] Error 1
    CMakeFiles/Makefile2:896: recipe for target 'robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_odometry_node.dir/all' failed
    make[1]: *** [robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_odometry_node.dir/all] Error 2
    make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    In file included from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/src/ElectricalGripperROS.cpp:8:0:
    /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/ElectricalGripperROS.h:14:40: fatal error: robotino_msgs/GripperState.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/build.make:254: recipe for target 'robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/src/ElectricalGripperROS.cpp.o' failed
    make[2]: *** [robotino_node/CMakeFiles/robotino_node.dir/src/ElectricalGripperROS.cpp.o] Error 1
    In file included from /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/src/EncoderInputROS.cpp:8:0:
    /mnt/data/catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include/EncoderInputROS.h:14:43: fatal error: robotino_msgs/EncoderReadings.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.

Invoking "make -j8 -l8" failed
    It seems that the compiler cannot find the aforementioned headers. In fact they seem to be related to previous version of the package (svn co http://svn.openrobotino.org/robotino...runk/robotino/).

Do you have any idea/suggestion?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Luca

Hi,
    I have the same problems as you.
    Could you solve the problem?

Comment

Unfortunately I have no system here to test it but I would suggest to check the cmake.lists file and remove such dependencies. I will try to have a look soon. In the meantime you could try this version which is based on a previous version (though including some stuff that could be removed): https://github.com/UniOL-AMT/uol-robotino-ros-indigo

Comment

Is it possible that you try to use Kinetic with a non 3.x Firmware Image of Robotino or that you maybe installed vanilla 16.04 ? The error messages all state that the corresponding robotino files are missing.

Comment

Add these to the cmake file of robotino_node - after find_package is fine and it should fix it.:

list(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "/usr/local/robotino/api2/cmake") #this is where your robotino API2 is installed
          find_package(RobotinoAPI2 REQUIRED)

Comment

Hello,

I ran into the same problem, but adding these lines did not solve it :/
            However, adding/modifying several files did:

I edited the CMakeLists.txt file in the catkin-pkg directory. To be more precise:
            I added the commented out line
            add_dependencies(robotino_node robotino_msgs_generate_messages_cpp)

.. and I removed the
            src/ElectricalGripperROS.cpp
            entry for the robotino_node, as the missing gripplerstate.h file prevented successful compilation in a later stage.

Then, I had to change all references made to robotino_msgs to robotino_node in the src/* and include/* files

Finally, I also commented out all references to the electrical gripper in the RobotinoNode.cpp (line 44 and 115) and RobotinoNode.h file (line 17 and 56)

Before calling catkin_make, don't forget to remove the devel and build directory.

Comment

Hello,
              These whole changes does not helps at all, because the headers, that supposed to be in robotino_msgs aren't exist.
              Maybe I have not done something and they are not created or compiled?
              Last edited by Doctor Ulysses; 01-18-2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I downloaded the headers from here: https://github.com/SQRSMN/RIC/tree/m.../robotino_msgs

You can download the complete package here:
                https://github.com/SQRSMN/RIC/
                Then only use the devel/include/robotino_msgs package

I put it into the file "catkin_ws/src/robotino_node/include" and compiled.

Comment

Working...
                X